This is our new series “Fact files”. In this series of fact files we will tell you 10 facts related to technology.
10 Facts related to Technology : Fact File 1
- André Trúóng Thi(1936-2005) a Vietnamese French engineer is considered to be father of the personal computer for creating MICRAL (microcomputer) based on an Intel 8008 processor in 1973.
- In 16-17 John Napier made a calculating device a set of rectangular rods called Napier's Bones. The roads were made up of carved bones, which were used for performing addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and square roots.
- Around 1820 Charles Xavier Thomas created the first successful mechanical calculator the Thomas Arithmometer that could add subtract multiply and divide based on Leibniz's work.
- In 1890 the United States census Bureau used punch cards and sorting machines designed by Herman hollerith.
- Reynold B. Johnson (1906-1988) is regarded as the father of the disk drives.
- Physically ENIAC was very large in size. It weighed 30 tons and consumed 150 KW of power. It was 100 feet long and 10 feet tall.
- Tianhe-2 is the world's fastest supercomputer according to the top 500 list for June and November 2013.
- Wrong input leads to wrong output. It is called GIGO - Garbage in Garbage out.
- August 12, 1981 marks the birth of the IBM-PC, the computer that changed the world.
- Vinod Dham is popularly known for his role in development of the Pentium processor and considered as the ‘Father of Pentium’.
Loved these Facts? Share this Article with your friends on social media.
Are you tired of getting spammy and promotion email, then subscribe to our newsletter to get some interesting information to your mailbox.